Michael Öttinger advises companies on all aspects of chemicals law, including in particular the European REACH, CLP and POP regulations. This also includes the drafting of data sharing agreements taking into account Implementing Regulation (EU) 2016/9 and the development of required reimbursement models in the context of registration procedures under REACH. Furthermore, Michael Öttinger also accompanies procedures and negotiations for the transfer of the role of lead registrant of a REACH registration. Likewise, his expertise includes advising on topics related to the SCIP notification requirement, ranging from regulatory requirements to the development of communication strategies. Advice in connection with role definition and identification and implementation of existing obligations including related compliance measures to avoid liability risks in all areas of his consulting spectrum forms a further focus of his activities. As far as necessary due to national legal peculiarities, Michael Öttinger regularly cooperates with partner law firms in all relevant jurisdictions in international projects and coordinates the respective projects for his clients. Mr. Öttinger also supports companies in these areas in planning and implementing the necessary measures to deal with identified infringements. In addition, Mr. Öttinger assists in the conception, preparation and implementation of communication campaigns in the supply chain to obtain the information required for compliance and, if necessary, also in the review of software solutions used with regard to their contribution to compliance. In this context, Michael Öttinger often also undertakes the adaptation of relevant contractual clauses in general purchasing and business terms and conditions in order to ensure the most comprehensive possible compliance with the respective requirements, particularly in the area of material compliance (for example in the areas of REACH, POP, RoHS, batteries and packaging). Against the background of steadily increasing regulatory trends in the area of environmental and human rights due diligence in the supply chain, for example under the new EU Conflict Minerals Regulation and the new Supply Chain Due Diligence Act in Germany, Mr. Öttinger also advises on the legal implications in this area. This includes, in particular, determining the specific applicability of the requirements in individual cases as well as advising on the scope of the respective obligations in the context of concrete implementation within the company.
- legal studies at the University of Bayreuth, with emphasis on public law
- Additional economic training at the University of Bayreuth (Wirtschaftsjurist Univ. Bayreuth)
- Public Administration additional studies at the German University of Administrative Sciences Speyer
- Work at an international auditing and management consultancy firm in Moscow/Russia as part of his legal clerkship
- Training as economic mediator (MuCDR)
- since 2018, lawyer admitted at the Munich Chamber of Lawyers
- lawyer in an international law firm, specialising in chemicals regulation and product-related environmental law
- Speaker for all topics in the field of chemicals law and product-related environmental law, in particular at specialist conferences and in workshops
- since 2019, lawyer at the Produktkanzlei
The complete list of Michael Öttinger‘s writings can be found here.
- Umweltrechtliche Belange im Lieferkettensorgfaltspflichtengesetz, CB 2022, S. 345 ff.
- Evaluating the Draft of the European Battery Regulation – from an end-of-life perspective to a lifecycle approach, elni Review 2021 (available HERE)
- Lieferkette - europäische Regulierung, NJW-aktuell 15/2022, S. 15
- Sanktionierbarkeit von Verstößen gegen die POP-Verordnung und Sorgfaltspflichten in der Lieferkette nach dem Lieferkettensorgfaltspflichtengesetz (with Ricardo Reidick), StoffR 1/2022, S. 2 et seq.
- Aktuelle Entwicklungen im produktbezogenen Umweltrecht, ZfPC 2022, p. 2 et seq. (available HERE)
- Das Batterierecht im Wandel der Zeit - bestehende und bevorstehende Anforderungen an die Automobilbranche, RAW 2022, p. 52 et seq.
- Revolution im Batterierecht - erste Einordnung zum Entwurf einer EU-Batterieverordnung, InTeR 2021, p. 202 et seq.
- ElektroG-Novelle 2021 - Inkrafttreten der neuen Vorgaben steht bevor, GewArch 2021, p. 487 et seq.
- Das Batteriegesetz 2021 - Erläuterungen, Änderungen, Rechtstexte, 2nd edition 2021 (with Martin Ahlhaus)
- Die Novelle des Batteriegesetzes, NVwZ 2021, p. 1084 et seq.
- Die Novelle des VerpackG, CB 2021, p. 292 et seq.
- Einwegkunststoff im Fokus des Gesetzgebers (with Jessica Greif), NUR 2021, p. 438 et seq.
- Artciles in Boberski (Hrsg.), REACH-Handbuch - Leitfäden, Checklisten und Dokumente zur Umsetzung der neuen Chemikalienverordnung
- New Technical Regulation in the Eurasian Economic Union: Restrictions on Certain Substances in Electrotechnical and Radio-Electronic Products (with Yulia Arkadyevna Leonova), ICRL 1/2020, p. 14 et seq.
- Aktuelle Entwicklungen zu Stoffbeschränkungen und verwendungsbezogenen Ausnahmen für Elektrogeräte unter RoHS - available at: IBF Fachbeiträge